|Inland 500 / 1600-ton License Prep Course
|This is not a USCG approved course. It is intended for mariners who
are preparing for the Inspected Vessel Master or Mate 500 / 1600-ton
Inland exams that are required to be taken at a Regional Exam Center
- The length of this course is a maximum of 1-year OR until the
mariner meets the exam requirements for the license transaction
that they are seeking, whichever comes first.
- Mariners should have their approval to test letter from the NMC
before starting this License Prep Course.
Successful completion of this course requires the mariner to have:
- Good time management skills.
- Be motivated to complete the exams.
- Be willing to spend considerable time in the classroom studying.
- Be proactive about seeking out instruction and asking questions.
|How the course works ...
|regularly scheduled Master / Mate 200-ton course.
- Mariners satisfying the course completion requirements for this
course may receive course completion certificates at no additional
After completing this course the mariner will attend the scheduled
"500/1600-ton License Prep opened labs" as needed to pass the
exams at the REC.
- The open lab time that YOU will require depends on your own
personal abilities, your time management skills, and your
dedication to your goal.
The study material provided will include reading material, exercises,
and practice exams in the subjects of:
- Chart Navigation.
- Navigation General.
- Rules of the Road.
- Deck General.
- Safety and Environmental Protection.